The field of algebra, as a discipline, is characterised by its multiple interrelation with other disciplines of mathematics. It focuses on the following aspects:
- algebraic structures mathematical objects,
- systematic calculations and operations of numbers and objects,
- abstraction of mathematical models,
- simplification of mathematical methods,
- axiomatization or generalisation of a mathematical theory.
Currently, there are many areas with the adjective "algebraic"; for example: algebraic analysis, algebraic geometry, algebraic topology, algebraic number theory, among others.
At IMCA, we have researchers and graduate students investigating in the following topics:
- homotopy theory and motives,
- Algebraic cycles on algebraic surfaces,
- Hochschild homology and Hopf algebras,
- Waldhausen categories and K-theory,
- Algebraic number theory.
- Huamaní, N. B., De Jesus, C. M., & Palacios, J. (2019). Invariants of stable maps from the 3-sphere to the euclidean 3-space. Bull Braz Math Soc, 50, 913–932.
- Palacios, J. (2019). Geometrical symmetric powers in the motivic homotopy category. Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, 223, 5396–5408.
- Huamán, R. J. M. (2019). Extensiones no ramificadas y ligeramente ramificadas. REVCIUNI, 22, 1–2.