Master in Applied Mathematics
The purpose of the IMCA courses, in addition to supporting the various universities, is to select students with potential to perform PhD studies. This has naturally led to the establishment of a PhD program in Mathematics at IMCA, starting in 2002. All IMCA student, has the opportunity to access a scholarship that allows him to devote full time to their studies. The number of scholarships available is limited.
Postgraduate studies in Applied Mathematics, leading to the Degree of Master, they represent a natural continuation of the undergraduate studies that in the field of Mathematics are carried out in the Faculty of Sciences of the UNI.
Its main objectives are:
- Consolidate, deepen and broaden knowledge in the different fields of mathematical analysis and linear algebra as the main basis of the applications of mathematics.
- Guide the student towards the applications of Mathematics in the Science and Engineering, Economics, Planning, Organizational Management, etc.
- Perfect the student in the construction of mathematical models in based on concrete problems in the national context.
- Perfect the student in the application of the analysis and in the computational realization of algorithms.
- Train the student through the completion of a work of research and/or application of a specific field of Mathematics Applied.
- Prepare the student so that he can start studies leading to the Degree of Doctor.
The graduate of the Master of Science in Applied Mathematics, is trained for:
Interact with multidisciplinary teams facing problems of application to engineering and other fields.
Help understand or model problems that arise in other fields in where mathematics is a tool-
Exercise teaching and research in universities or academic centers national or foreign.
Carry out Doctorate studies in Sciences, mention in Mathematics, in prestigious institutions.
The Master's Thesis
To carry out the degree thesis, the student will be integrated into the group of investigation to which your Advisor belongs. The student will have advice and constant and effective support from your Advisor and the members of the Investigation Group.
The Thesis Advisor must choose and register the topic with the Faculty of Sciences. of thesis in such a way that the student, with an academic performance satisfactory and with good dedication, it can be completed successfully in a year.
Although the Master's thesis is a research project, it can also be be an original and creative application work. In consecuense, must contain student input.
Lines of Research Leading to the Thesis
Analysis, Optimization, Algebra, Differential Equations, Dynamic Systems and Numerical Analysis, Theory of Numbers.
The academic degree of Master of Science in Applied Mathematics will be awarded, who have met the following requirements:
- Have approved the credits corresponding to the study plan with a weighted average greater than or equal to fourteen (14.0), considering all the courses taken, approved and not approved.
- Sustain and approve the thesis.
- Proof of proficiency in a foreign language.
- Not be subject to disciplinary action at the University.
- Meet the administrative requirements of the University
They are modalities of admission to the Master of Sciences with mention in Mathematics Applied:
- Evaluation of merits and knowledge
- Second master's degree
- Second professional specialization
- External transfer